Terms & Conditions
Website - Terms
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that all information included in our website is accurate, users are advised that they should take appropriate precautions to verify such information. Main Event Products Limited expressly disclaims all liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage occasioned by the user's reliance on any statements, information, or advice contained in this web site. Main Event products Limited is not responsible for the content of external internet sites. Company Logos shown are copy-write of their respective owners.
Conditions of Sale – Terms
1. The words "The Seller" refer to: Main Event Products Limited (Company Registration No: 04002104)
2. The Buyer shall satisfy himself that the goods are suitable for any application for which they are to be used before the goods are incorporated into such application.
3. In the event of any claim against the Seller in respect of any matter whatsoever the Seller's liability (if any) shall be limited to the replacement of goods sold in respect of which the liability arises if required and practicable or the Buyer shall be given a credit for the invoiced value of the order in respect of which liability arises. under no circumstances whatsoever shall the Seller be liable for any consequential loss or damage or any personal injury or damage or loss of any property other than stated herein howsoever and whatsoever arising. Any express or implied conditions, statement, warranty, statutory, or otherwise, are hearby excluded save where such exclusions are invalidated by statue.In the event of any repairs or replacement being agreed upon whether or not within any warranty period, the Seller will not be liable for costs incurred in dismantling of or demounting the equipment prior to its return to the Seller, nor for the re-installation when equipment is replaced or repaired.
4. Goods supplied by the Seller shall be at the Buyer's risk immediately on delivery to the buyer or into the custody on the Buyer's behalf (whichever is the sooner). The Buyer should therefore arrange insurance accordingly unless the Seller has specifically agreed insurance of the goods.
5. Notwithstanding that risk in the goods has already passed, title in the goods shall remain with the Seller and shall not pass to the Buyer until the amount due for the goods as stated in the Seller's invoice has been paid in full.
6. So long as the property and the goods remain with the Seller and the Buyer is in default of any such obligation set out here the Seller shall have the right, with or without prior notice to the Buyer, to take possession of the goods (and for that purpose to go onto any premises occupied by the Buyer) and on such retaking of possession the contract shall be deemed to have been terminated without prejudice to any claim or rights the Seller might otherwise make or exercise.
7. In addition to any right of lien to which the Seller may be by law entitled the Seller shall (in the event of the Buyer's insolvency) be entitled to a general lien on all of the goods of the Buyer in the Seller's possession although such goods or some of them have been paid for (in respect of the unpaid price or any other goods sold and delivered to the Buyer by the Seller under the same or any other contract).
8. All contracts for the supply of goods by the Seller shall be governed by English Law and be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Hire Agreement - Terms
1. All equipment will be hired out on the terms and conditions set out below.
2. The hirer shall satisfy himself that the goods are suitable for any application for which they are to be used before the goods are incorporated into such application.
3. The hirer will be liable to MAIN EVENT PRODUCTS LIMITED for all loss or damage to the equipment however arising, other than as a result of the equipment having been defective at the commencement of hiring, such liability extending but not being limited to loss or damage from theft, fire, ill use or use on wrong voltage. The hirer will return the equipment safely to the owner at the end of the hiring. Any equipment lost or stolen will be charged to the hirer at the current retail price.
4. Where the owner agrees to collect the equipment for the hirer at the end of the hiring, the hirer’s liability for loss and damage as provided in clause 2. (above) will in all circumstances continue until the equipment has been collected by the owner.
5a.The owner will not be liable for any injury, death, loss or damage to any person or property arising from the use of the equipment other than as a result of the equipment having been defective at the commencement of the hiring.
5b. In the event of any equipment failure for any reason during the hire period the owner’s liability shall be limited as set out below in these conditions.
5c. If the equipment failure is due to a defect existing at the commencement of the hiring or arising during the hiring otherwise than due to the fault of the hirer or any third party, the owner shall be liable only to rebate the hire charges during the period of breakdown.
5d. No rebate of the hire charges will be given if the equipment breaks down unless the breakdown is a result of the equipment having been defective at the commencement of the hiring. Any rebate for breakdown will only be considered from the time and date such a breakdown is made known to the owner.
6. If the equipment breaks down other than through a defect at commencement of hiring the owner will use reasonable endeavours to secure replacement as soon as practicable, provided the hirer is not in breach of contract.
7a. The Owner will not be liable for any loss incurred by the hirer as a result of late delivery or failure to deliver any of the stated goods. The owner will also not be liable for compensation in the above respect to be made to the hirer or any other party.
7b. No extension of the hire period set out above will be allowed except with prior consent of the owner.
7c. Hire periods exceeding 12 weeks are not permitted under any circumstances.8. In the event that the hirer fails to return the equipment or make it available for collection by the owner at the end of the hire period, the hirer will fully indemnify the owner for and against any loss or damages suffered or incurred by the owner including (without limitation) any consequential loss or loss of profit and in addition shall pay the owner a hire charge at the same rate during the period until the equipment is returned or collected by the owner
Please ask us for any further information regarding any of our terms.